Wigan Night Run Series
Entry Terms & Conditions
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help deliver a successful event and to ensure the safety of all participants and to meet the requirements of local authority permits and event liability. All entry fees are non-refundable and Fylde Coast Runners and Wigan Council retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
COMPETING IN THE EVENT
- To enter a the event you must be at least 15 years of age on the day of the event.
- All participants take part at their own risk and acknowledge the disclaimer waiving all claims against Fylde Coast Runners and Wigan Council and any third party acting on its behalf or working within the framework of the event.
- In no circumstance shall we be liable to you, whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Event for any: loss or damage; loss of profit; loss of reputation; loss of business, revenue or goodwill; loss of anticipated savings; pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage: a. Would arise in the ordinary course of events; b. Is reasonably foreseeable; or c. Is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions of Entry shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Entrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within event time requirements. It is strongly recommended that you train for the run and prepare for the challenge. All participants are strongly advised to consult their doctor prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure they are medically fit to participate in the event.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any video footage or photographs taken during their participation in the event to be used to publicise any Fylde Coast Runners events or for marketing purposes by Wigan Council. In addition, by entering the event and by supplying an email address, you agree that mailings may be sent by official event charities and sponsors or the purposes of fundraising or marketing. Your email data will only be used by recognised parties working within the framework of an event and will not be sold or transferred to any third party not working within the framework of an event under any circumstances.
- Any participant seeking accommodation in respect of a disability must submit a written request to the Event Manager at the events office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participant race numbers are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Sale and/or transfer of numbers is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events. Applications to change the details of an entry must be submitted in writing or emailed at least 7 days prior to the corresponding race date. A fee of £10 may be charged to change participant details.
- All entry fees are non-refundable, but may be deferred toward a future event, subject to the Cancellation Policy contained within these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to change the course, or make any other amendment to the Event that we deem necessary to stage the Event for reasons of safety, security or requests made by the Local Authority, Police or any Emergency Service. Any change to the Event will be communicated to you at the Event or sooner if practicable.
- Cheques or postal orders will not be accepted.
- If your address details or email address change after you have submitted your application you must notify the Events Office by email at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Fylde Coast Runners complies with the Data Protection Rules and GDPR and you have the right of access to personal records held on our computers on written request. Your name and email address will be added to the organiser’s mailing list so that we can keep you informed about the other events and activities by Fylde Coast Runners. If you don't want us to send you information, other than the specific information about the event you have entered, then let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we won't put you on the mailing list.
- Registration closure is determined by race limit (deemed as the capacity of the proposed route and or venue capacity and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity of participants.
- Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, police officers and council officials throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event. This means, for example, that urinating or defecating anywhere on or near the course shall be strictly prohibited except in toilet facilities. Anyone violating this rule of conduct shall be disqualified from the event and will be asked to leave the course.
- Every participant shall be provided with an event race number (bib number), which shall be conspicuously worn on the FRONT of your running top during the event. The event race number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate event race number.
- All participants must write their name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of the race number, which must be worn on the FRONT of your running top during the race.
- Participants must begin the events during the official recognised starting times.
- All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information entered on their race number or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by the Fylde Coast Runners and Wigan Council in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the Event and for the compilation of statistical information.
- All participants must be positioned behind the starting line prior to the start of the race.
- Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of an event official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any Fylde Coast Runners or Wigan Council event.
- Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race (“cutting the course”) shall be immediately disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in Fylde Coast Runners or Wigan Council events.
- Any person who participates in the event without a current official event race number and/or timing device or a event race number or timing device not officially assigned to him/her is subject to removal and disqualification from future Fylde Coast Runners or Wigan Council event.
- No persons are authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event, nor shall any participant be allowed, without the permission of the event management, to receive assistance or refreshment from anyone during the progress of the event. Any person not properly displaying an official event race number shall be directed to leave the course.
- A hands-on medical examination during the progress of an event by officially designated medical personnel shall not be considered assistance and will not result in disqualification if participant is deemed medically fit. If a participant becomes ill during or after the Event and/or receive medical attention or treatment either from event medical staff or any doctor or hospital, they must authorise such persons to provide details (including details of medical treatment) to the Event Manager of Fylde Coast Runners or others authorised by him.
- The use of wheeled devices by participants or any other person authorised to be on the course shall be strictly limited to (a) authorized and registered competitive wheelchair participants and (b) authorised course marshals on bicycles.
- Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
- Medical personnel authorised by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorised medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
- Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the event staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
- Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with the Fylde Coast Runners Emergency Planning Procedure on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances by either Fylde Coast Runners or any of its agents, specifically the Credit / Debit Card facility at the point of online entry.
- Any individual requesting a waiver of any of these rules from the event shall submit a written request no less than 30 days prior to the event date specifying the nature of and reasons for the request.
AMENDMENTS / RESERVATIONS / ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Fylde Coast Runners reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
- Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
- Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize if applicable and removal from official results.
- Entrants of the event have the right to cancel any entry made over the internet as long as it is done within 14 days of the original entry date (transaction date) as per the cooling off period specified in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations.
- Fylde Coast Runners reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances out of our reasonable control. In such cases we will endeavour to inform participants as quickly as possible. Where the event has to be cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control (including for the avoidance of doubt due to adverse weather conditions or as a result of instructions from the emergency services) we shall not be liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs, losses or damages suffered by participants. Where the event has to be cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances that were within our reasonable control, our entire liability in respect of any inconvenience, expense, costs, losses or damages suffered by you as a result will be limited to the entry price you have paid to take part in the event (not including any booking fee, if paid).
- Entries made direct at www.fyldecoastrunners.com or via a third-party site, over the telephone or in-store, are all covered by these terms and conditions. By paying for an entry you agree to these terms and conditions. No refunds will be issued for entries made in any form other than the statutory cooling off period detailed above in the Cancellation Policy paragraph 1.
COVID-19 REFUND GUARANTEE
- If the event is cancelled by Fylde Coast Runners or Wigan Council as a direct result of a Covid-19 regulation or guidance change then your entry fee will be refunded in full within 28 days of the cancellation date.
- Refunds will be processed automatically with no need to make a claim.
- This guarantee does not extend to individual instances of an entrant not able to attend due to local lockdowns, restrictions or government advice in their residential area.
Terms & Conditions applied on 17/09/2020